Where do our MPA and MA students work? Here are some examples from the 2012 class.A degree from the John Glenn School of Public Affairs offers you a wide array of career options that engage you in work that matters. Whether you see yourself in a senior role at the U.S. State Department, as an agency head in state government, as a city manager, or as an advocate in a nonprofit organization, our program will help prepare you for success.
- Director of Marketing and Public Relations, Ohio State Newark and COTC
- Passport Specialist, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Research Associate, American Institutes for Research
- Program Manager, Goldman School of Public Policy UC Berkeley
- Special Projects Manager, United Way of Central Ohio
- Community Relations Specialist, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Business Service Specialist, Development Services Agency
- Consultant, American Federation of Government Employees
- Change Champion, Auditor of State David Yost
- Research Assistant, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Project Coordinator, Jobs Ohio
- Presidential Management Fellow, US Forest Service
- Presidential Management Fellow, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Project Manager for Community Redevelopment
- Nursing Program Manager, Wexner Medical Center
- Continuing Legal Education Program Coordinator, Columbus Bar Association
The rigorous, hands-on curriculum provided by the Glenn School will give you the skills and tools you need to thrive in careers at all levels of government and in the not-for-profit sector.
As a graduate student, you will have all the benefits of a collegial, high-quality graduate program located within a large, research institution. Our program fosters close relationships among students, staff, and faculty. Our attractive and comfortable facility creates an environment conducive to learning and to creating dialogue between students and policymakers on the pressing issues of the day.
You will also draw upon the vast resources of one of the world’s largest, most diverse research universities. Whether this means pursuing a dual degree, working in one of many interdisciplinary policy centers, or participating in a myriad of public forums and lectures, Ohio State has what you need to grow and succeed.
Want to learn more about the Glenn School’s Graduate Programs?
» Click on the link to request more information.
» Click here to learn how to set up a tour.
» Click here to learn more about the value of a graduate degree from the John Glenn School of Public Affairs