SOLI Leadership Programming
SOLI offers leadership training to state and local elected officials through a variety of short-term and long-term educational programs. These training programs complement rather than duplicate existing training for newly elected and appointed officials.
SOLI leadership programs offers programming in the following areas:
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic structure and operation of state and local government in Ohio
- Knowledge and understanding of state and local public finance (e.g. bonding, contracting, general revenue funds, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of key policy areas that impact the state and Ohio’s localities (e.g. K-12 education; regulation and privatization; workforce development; regional and community development; transportation; energy; utilities; health care; criminal justice)
- Public sector leadership skills and competencies (team building; political and managerial communication; motivation and influence)
- Cultivation and development of core public values (service, equity, justice, fairness, accountability, transparency)