Public Affairs 4191.01
Earn academic credit for your public service internship!
Glenn College undergraduate students with eligible internships can enroll in PUBAFRS 4191.01 (Nonprofit or Public Affairs Internship).
Past internships have included:
- Ohio Democratic Party
- Ohio Department of Transportation
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- The Women’s Fund of Central Ohio
- United Way of Central Ohio
- American Red Cross
- LEAD Ohio
- Senator Sherrod Brown
- Ohio House of Representatives
- And more!
In order for your internship to be eligible for this course, it must:
- Require at least 10 hours of work per week during the course.
- Be in a field that is related to public affairs and the student’s course of study/professional interests.
- Be preapproved by the instructor (Glenn College career advisor).
A student may take the course for a total of six credit hours. However, the class may not be repeated for the same internship. If a student intends to take PUBAFRS 4191.01 twice, two separate internship experiences will be required and must be completed in separate semesters.
I was just hired into an internship, and I want to earn credit.
- Complete the Position Approval Form.
- Once it has been determined that your internship meets the qualifications, the course instructor will send you the position confirmation form to get official confirmation from your site that you are interning at that site and are able to get academic credit for your internship.
- After confirmation, the course instructor will give you approval to be registered for the course.
This course is designed to provide academic credit for students who have secured an internship in the public sector. You do not need to be a Glenn College student, however, it is recommended that you first check your own college for credit opportunities before pursuing PA 4191.01
How many credit hours is PUBAFRS 4191.01 worth?
The class is worth three credit hours.
How is PUBAFRS 4191.01 graded?
The course is graded on the A-E scale.
For details regarding the course assignments, please contact the course coordinator.