Graduate Minor in Public Policy and Management
Bring a new perspective with a graduate minor in Public Policy and Management.
As public and private partnerships increase, and social responsibility shifts to the forefront, discover how the world of public affairs impacts your work. Students will be able to analyze and apply public policy and management techniques while developing a public service perspective to interact productively within a diverse and changing workforce landscape.
Program Designed For:
Students take 10 credit hours to complete the graduate minor. One core course and two elective courses.
- PUBAFRS 6000: Public Policy Formulation and Implementation (four credits)
- PUBAFRS 6050: Managing Public Sector Organizations (four credits)
- PUBAFRS 6060: Managerial Leadership in Public and Nonprofit Organizations (four credits)
- PUBAFRS 5030: Local Government (three credits)
- PUBAFRS 5240: Race and Public Policy in the U.S. (three credits)
- PUBAFRS 6010: Legal Environment of Public Organization (four credits)
- PUBAFRS 6070: Public Affairs Statistics (four credits)
- PUBAFRS 7503: Higher Education Policy for Public Leaders (three credits)
- PUBAFRS 7555: Strategy for Public Organizations (three credits)
To apply, you must be an Ohio State University student already enrolled with good standing (3.0 or higher GPA) in a graduate degree program outside of the Glenn College.
International students must have appropriate undergraduate or graduate coursework, or equivalent experience in American Government.
Meet with an advisor:
- Students are strongly encouraged to work with the Glenn College minor advisor before beginning coursework to ensure appropriate course selection.
- Students are strongly encouraged to discuss their academic goals for the minor with their academic advisor in their home college.
Submit a Minors and Interdisciplinary Specialization form:
- Visit gradforms.osu.edu to access the form.
- The Graduation Level/Plan/Degree will belong to the student’s home department.
- Select PPOLMGT-GM – Public Policy and Management Minor for the “Designation Name.”
- Include all coursework that fulfills the graduate minor requirements.
Complete 10 hours of graded, graduate-level coursework
- Minimum of three courses offered by the John Glenn College of Public Affairs, including one core course and two elective courses.
- Students must receive a grade of B or higher in all minor coursework.
- All elective coursework must be approved by the John Glenn College of Public Affairs.
Submit a Transcript Designation request:
- Visit gradforms.osu.edu to complete the request after all minor coursework has been completed.
- In order to have the minor designated on the student’s official transcript, you must complete the Transcript Designation request.