Students interested in working toward change in education will learn policymaking and analytical processes and apply them to the education system.
Completion of 15 credit hours is required.
Take all three courses:
PUBAFRS 2110 - Introduction to Public Affairs
PUBAFRS 3110 - Education Policy in a Changing World
PUBAFRS 5110 - Higher Education and Workforce Policy
Take one of the following courses:
- PUBAFRS 5240 - Race and Public Policy in the United States
- PUBAFRS 5250 - Poverty, Inequality, and Public Policy
Take one course:
- EDUTL 4005 - Urban Teaching and Learning
- EDUTL 5005 - Equity and Diversity in Education
- ESWDE 5624 - Foundations of Workforce Development and Education
- ESPHE 3206 - School and Society
- ESPHE 3410 - Philosophy of Education
- ESPHE 4245 - Education and Spirituality: Holistic Perspectives
- ESPHE 4280 - History of Modern Education
- POLITSC 4127 - Governing Urban America
- PUBAFRS 4191.01/.02/.03 - Public Affairs Internship
- SOCIOL 2320 - Sociology of Education
- SOCIOL 3306 - Sociology of Poverty
- SOCIOL 3464 - Work, Employment and Society
Students may petition to use courses that are relevant. They should check with Glenn College advising as to the appropriateness of the courses.
Additional Program Detail
Declaring the Minor
- To add a minor at the Glenn College, contact the advising office.
- The minor coursework must be approved by the Glenn College. Once the minor program is filed in the college office, any changes to coursework must be submitted for approval.
- The minor program form must be filed by the time the graduation application is submitted to a college/school counselor.
Credit Hour Requirements and Transfers
- This program is not required for graduation.
- A minimum of 15 credit hours are required for completion.
- A minimum of six credit hours must be at the 3000 level or above.
- A student is permitted to count up to six total hours of transfer credit and/or credit by examination toward the minor.
- Three credit hours may be overlapped between this minor and a major or another minor.
- G.E. overlap is permitted up to six total hours.
Requirements for completion
- Minimum C- for a course to be listed on the minor.
- Minimum 2.00 cumulative point-hour ratio required for the minor.
- Coursework graded Pass/Non-Pass cannot count on the minor.
- No more than three credit hours of courses graded Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory may count toward the minor.