Military to Civilian Leadership Certificate
Translate military experience into civilian success.
Join other civilian employees who served in the military to learn from each other, build lasting relationships and demonstrate the value of your military experience to civilian employers. The 12-week leadership development course is 100% online with five instructor-led virtual classes.
Apply by Nov. 11, 2023, for classes Jan. 12 - April 5, 2024, with five classes from 1:30-5:00 p.m. EST on Zoom Jan. 19, Feb. 9, March 1, March 22, and April 5.
Built for civilian employees with at least a bachelor’s degree who served in the military, family using VA education benefits, or employees of military or veteran service organizations.
- Includes enrollment as a graduate non-degree student at Ohio State and credits can be applied to a degree at Ohio State or another university.
- Tuition assistance is available through VA education benefits. Check your eligibility.
- Financial assistance may be available through your employer, for example through State of Ohio Employee Development Funds or Ohio State Faculty and Staff Tuition Assistance
- 12-week program 100% online.
- Five instructor-led classes 1:30-5:00 p.m. EST on Zoom.
- Private and public sector employees with at least a bachelor’s or equivalent degree are eligible to apply if they served in the military, family using VA education benefits, or employees of military or veteran service organizations.
- Applicants will receive an email letting them know if their application has been accepted.
- We do our best to accommodate everyone who wants to participate but the program is competitive.
- Orientation and Course Objectives
- Leadership in Public and Nonprofit Organizations (facilitated)
- Human Resource Management, Recruitment, Retention, and Employee Motivation
- Performance Appraisal and Feedback
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution (facilitated)
- Work Life Balance and Diversity and Inclusion
- Designing and Leading High Performing Teams
- Leading Without and With Authority (facilitated)
- Unlocking the Subtle Forces of Change (facilitated)
- Leading in Times of Crisis
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty and Ethical Leadership
- Capstone and Wrap Up (facilitated)
The Military to Civilian Leadership Certificate is a collaboration of the National Veterans Memorial and Museum and the John Glenn College of Public Affairs. The program was launched with generous support from the Columbus Downtown Development Corporation.