Certificate in Public and Nonprofit Leadership for Veterans
Veterans transitioning to civilian life can feel like they speak a different language than the business leaders who hire them.
The Certificate in Public and Nonprofit Leadership for Veterans brings together veterans who are called to serve in civilian life to learn from each other, build lasting relationships, and demonstrate the value of military experience and leadership to civilian employers.
Next Cohort: January 2023
Built for veterans, those about to leave the military or individuals who work with veterans.
- Tuition assistance may be available through VA education benefits or your employer.
- In most cases, non-resident fees can be waived.
- You automatically will be considered for tuition assistance, scholarships, and non-resident fee reductions when you apply. The Glenn College will contact you to initiate that process.
For veterans with at least a bachelor's or equivalent degree:
- Graduate tuition is $4,573 ($14,305 for non-Ohio residents).
- Tuition assistance is available for eligible veterans and relatives who receive Post 9/11 GI benefits. Check your eligibility here.
- Financial assistance also may be available through your employer. State of Ohio employees can check eligibility here and Ohio State University employees can check here.
For veterans with a high school diploma and significant leadership experience:
- Undergraduate tuition is $2,485 ($8,256 for non-Ohio residents).
- Financial assistance may be available through your employer. State of Ohio employees can check eligibility here and Ohio State University employees can check here.
- A limited number of full-ride scholarships will be awarded by the National Veterans Memorial and Museum.
- 100% online with five instructor-led virtual classes.
- Two graduate-level courses (6 credit hours total).
- Graduate student assignments focus on applying theory and concepts.
- Undergraduate student assignments focus on acquiring knowledge.
- Credits can be applied to a degree program at Ohio State or another university.
- Apply here
- Applicants will receive an email letting them know if their application has been accepted.
- We will work with you to identify the most appropriate tuition assistance.
- We do our best to accommodate everyone who wants to participate but the program is competitive.
The Certificate in Public and Nonprofit Leadership for Veterans is a collaboration of the National Veterans Memorial and Museum and the John Glenn College of Public Affairs. The program is sponsored by the Columbus Downtown Development Corporation, which managed the design and construction of the National Veterans Memorial and Museum.