On a Mission
The mission of the Glenn College Alumni Society is to foster interactions between the Glenn College and its alumni, with a focus on furthering the development of students in their education and future career paths. Members of the board will support and promote the advancement of the Glenn College within and beyond The Ohio State University, while...
Encouraging fellow Glenn College alumni to:
- Connect with other alumni, faculty, staff and students through meaningful programs, events and communication.
- Support educational and career opportunities for current and future Glenn College graduates.
- Assist with recruitment of highly qualified students.
- Provide financial and other means of support to the college.
Engaging alumni by providing meaningful opportunities to:
- Socially interact and professionally network
- Continue lifelong learning and professional development
Supporting students and providing a platform for alums to engage current students by:
- Raising money for student scholarships
- Mentoring students and exposing students to public affairs careers
- Assisting with student recruitment
Alumni Impact Campaign
Help us champion the next generation of public leaders and civil servants. Simple monthly donations can make a big impact by helping to fully endowing the Glenn College Alumni Society Student Scholarship Fund.
Join a Committee
The Alumni Engagement Committee is responsible for cultivating a community of active, engaged alumni.
- Develop programming, events and networking opportunities for all alumni
- Coordinate activities, programs and initiatives that engage and support the young alumni program
The Professional Development Committee is responsible for coordinating professional development opportunities for alumni and the greater public and nonprofit community.
- Coordinate the annual Leadership Forum
- Assist the college with identifying relevant topics and speakers for community events
The Social Equity Committee is responsible for pursuing a commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion for all students and alumni, with a focus on historically marginalized individuals and groups in the Glenn College community.
- Provide ongoing opportunities for public administration-related social equity education within alumni programming
- Collaborate with the Glenn College on recruitment efforts to increase the enrollment of historically marginalized students
- Promote the enrichment of multicultural student experiences at the Glenn College by directly supporting the student programs and initiatives of the Public Affairs Multicultural Student Organization and other relevant student groups by providing opportunities for mentorship and student-related support relevant to historically marginalized students
- Build an inclusive community of belonging by providing meaningful engagement through networking and service
The Student Enrichment Committee is responsible for coordinating and/or supporting recruitment and professional development opportunities for students.
- Participate in mentorship and/or student career development opportunities
- Coordinate career development activities
- Assist in student recruitment activities
The Washington, D.C., Outreach Committee is responsible for strengthening the relationship between graduates in Washington, D.C., and the Glenn College.
- Program support and fundraising for the Washington Academic Internship Program
- Professional development and education
- Community service
- Social events