Leadership Certificate for Public and Nonprofit Professionals
Deepen your self-awareness about leadership and how to lead others.
Gain practical skills to lead others, build lasting relationships, and demonstrate the value of your skills to employers. The 12-week, instructor-facilitated program includes courses 100% online (fall) or online and on campus (summer).
Apply by March 22, 2024, for classes May 10-July 26, 2024, with five classes on campus May 17, June 7, June 28, July 12, and July 26.
Built for mid-career professionals with at least a bachelor’s degree.
- 12-week program online with five days instructor-led on Zoom (fall) or on campus (summer).
- Credits can be applied to a graduate program at Ohio State or another university.
- Public and nonprofit employees with at least a bachelor’s or equivalent degree are eligible to apply.
- Applicants will receive an email letting them know if their application has been accepted.
- We do our best to accommodate everyone who wants to participate but the program is competitive.
- Orientation and Course Objectives
- Leadership in Public and Nonprofit Organizations (facilitated)
- Human Resource Management, Recruitment, Retention, and Employee Motivation
- Performance Appraisal and Feedback
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution (facilitated)
- Work Life Balance and Diversity and Inclusion
- Designing and Leading High Performing Teams
- Leading Without and With Authority (facilitated)
- Unlocking the Subtle Forces of Change (facilitated)
- Leading in Times of Crisis
- Decision Making Under Uncertainty and Ethical Leadership
- Capstone and Wrap Up (facilitated)