Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities
The John and Annie Glenn Scholarship is the Glenn College’s premier merit award.
One stellar first-year Ohio resident student is selected to receive a full tuition scholarship over four years, based on a strong commitment to public service.
Applications are due March 15.
- Recipients of the Glenn Scholarship must have demonstrated commitment to public service and academic success, typically ranking in the top fifteen percent of their graduating class.
- Consideration for this scholarship is dependent upon the applicant’s acceptance to the University and declaration of a Glenn College major (BA or BS degree).
- The application is available via the Scholarship Universe website. Applicants must submit their resume and essay (750 word maximum) to no later than March 15.
- Essay Question: The John Glenn College of Public Affairs was founded on the principle of “Inspiring Citizenship and Developing Leadership.” How do you hope to use your education to positively impact your community through public service?
- Applicants who are admitted to Ohio State, have declared a Glenn College major, and meet the scholarship criteria will be reviewed for the Glenn Scholarship by a college committee. Finalists will be invited to participate in a virtual interview.
- This award is renewable for a maximum of eight semesters (or the equivalent) of full-time in-state undergraduate enrollment, provided the recipient maintains the requirements outlined below.
In order to maintain the Glenn Scholarship, students must:
Write a personal note to the Glenn Family detailing their experiences in the program and outlining their goals for the future, one or more times per year.
Be available at least once annually to meet with the Glenn family, should they wish to meet the scholarship recipients.
Attend an annual stewardship event held for Glenn College Board of Directors.
Show a commitment to public service by continued involvement in leadership or service organizations at Ohio State.
Continue to pursue a Glenn College major.
Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher.